Thursday 16 January 2014

DIGIT-AL DOZEN WEEK: Monochrome Green Damask

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies! Today's mani is just a half step away from yesterday's, in my mind.


For this look, I began with a base of Dragon, and then I used a medium detail brush to paint on bits of damask patterning using Def Defying.


Once you have a source photo, it isn't all that difficult or long, plus damask is a rather forgiving pattern when you deconstruct it like this.


I like how it turned out, actually -- what I'm learning from this week is that I really like tonal differences in nail art. You can do some extravagant designs and they come out sort of perfectly subdued. It's really nice! I will have to do more monochromatic designs even after the week is done...

In direct light to try to catch a bit of the holo twinkle in Dragon...

Polishes used:
China Glaze - Def Defying
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Glisten & Glow - HK Girl (top coat)
medium liner brush

Do come back tomorrow for the last (and my favourite) look of the week! It's something I've been meaning to do for a long time and I'm glad I finally did.... (ooh, the suspense!)

xo,

J.

CHECK OUT WHAT THE OTHER TALENTED LADIES OF THE DIGIT-AL DOZEN ARE UP TO:






7 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS