Saturday 14 December 2013

Copper Pattern

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

Welcome to Saturday! At least, Saturday where I am. 


Today I have a very simple look for you, because I'll have to take these off sooner rather than later to do my ABC Challenge prompt (Q for quilting). But I kind of like them anyway!


This started with two coats of Lights Will Guide You, an almost black green with flake emerald shimmer and copper hexes in three sizes. It's a beautiful polish (I'm all over anything copper or rose gold, lately) but it stained my touch-up brush something fierce, so I'm somewhat wary of what'll happen to my nails. I will update this post tomorrow after removal to tell you how it went!


The designs were all done with a liner brush, a dotter, and a medium detail brush and Penny Talk. I don't know where I was going with this pattern, it just popped into my head randomly! I would have liked for Penny Talk to be more yellow-toned to go with the hexes better, but from a distance you can't really tell.


Here is a thumb macro to show you the depth and the flake shimmer!:


Polishes used:
Essie - Penny Talk
butter LONDON - Nail Foundation (base coat)
liner brush
dotting tool
medium detail brush

You know what I like about Saturdays? PANCAKES. My current partner makes pancakes for his kids and I. I love pancakes almost as much as I love waffles, and I actually own a waffle maker, so that should tell you something.

xo,

J.

2 comments:

  1. So cool!! Its like metallic lace! Must try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe! Yes, you are awesome at lace nails, I would love to see your take on these!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS