Friday 15 November 2013

DIGIT-AL DOZEN WEEK: Black & White Lined French

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies! Saved you the best for last.

At least, I think they're the best. I may be biased, though, because this look was done before the move, when my nails were in their long, squoval glory. Oh, how I miss them. GROW, NAILS, GROW!!!


You know, I only noticed that the lines on that one stud were facing the wrong way after I'd taken photos, so I'm going to pretend it was on purpose.


This look started off with a coat of Nail Foundation and a coat of Nail Glow. Once dry, I taped off the French tips with those sticky guide thingies (you know the ones), and sponged on a gradient of Tempest and, if memory serves, Recycle. I then removed the stickies, used Camelot to freehand on the thick lines, and topcoated/stuck the studs on.


At the time, the following ring was brand new to me, so I had to include it in photos. Mostly because it's by Bliss Lau, and she rocks killer geometric nail art like this all the time.

Ooh, aah.
I really AM pretty happy with these. Better than the last time I tried this, don't you agree?


Polishes used:
China Glaze - Recycle
butter LONDON - Nail Foundation (base coat)
Dior - Nail Glow (base coat)
studs from The Nail Room (a word of note: these come holo-looking, but acetone removes the holo)
liner brush
cosmetic sponge (for the gradient)

I can't believe that's it for another rendition of Digit-al Dozen week! Where does the time go? Next month is full-on festive, so you've got a month to whip out your Non-Denominational Wintery Holiday decorations and get in the spirit! (And I promise not to mention anything more about said N-D.W.H. until then!!!)

xo,

J.

CHECK OUT WHAT THE OTHER TALENTED LADIES OF THE DIGIT-AL DOZEN ARE UP TO:






17 comments:

  1. Loving that French tip. Uhh, and the straight black line. Ohh! And pretty studs, too!
    Okay... the more i look at it, the more and love it all! :)
    And that ring? Oohh, aahhh! Purrty!!!! **

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe. Well, KIND of straight black line. I tried. It's a work in progress. This look would be killer on your beautiful long nail beds, too, just so you know... hint, hint...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful look - so original! And that ring is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sweetheart! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so gosh darn creative! Oh my, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Emily!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very futuristic! Tron-like! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Kirsten!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristen stole the words right out of my mouth! Totally futuristic! These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, thank you Shelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So original! I like it, smart idea and well realized :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Rebenice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so many kinds of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Nory dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am AL OVER looking evil when I'm actually not! Suh-weet! Thank you darling, I'm glad they grew on you! <3

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS