Thursday 13 June 2013

Water Lilies

Nothing to Disclose

Good evening! Tonight I have some water lilies for you.


This look has a base of Love Letter to Kurt Vonnegut. I have not captured it whatsoever. It has rocketed its way to my top 5 favourite polishes of all time-- that's how beautiful this one is. Here is a link to Sarah's review of it over on Samarium's Swatches; she does a much better job of showing its beauty. Unfortunately, it was a limited edition and is no longer in production. And I will be jealously hoarding mine like Smaug and his beloved cup. Except this polish is no mere cup. You get the idea.

What does this taste like? What's under here? What's behind this thing? How much cat hair can I get in the light box?


The rest of the design is done in acrylics; the tutorial is at the bottom of this post. :)

The green bled into the white in a conspiracy to drive me seven ways insane.


Polishes used:
Scofflaw Nail Varnish Manufactory - Love Letter to Kurt Vonnegut
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Seche Vite (top coat)
acrylics paints (white, greens, pink)
size 0 flat brush

I used this same polish as a base for a simpler look for this upcoming Sunday, so you haven't seen the last of it yet! I think I will next be using a base of one of the gorgeous Arcane polishes I've received from my lovely Aussie nail mail buddy (*waves*), and hopefully it'll turn out like it is in my head!

xo,

J.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial! Great job on this design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all cats must be, by some crazy magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I can comment again! I tried this tutorial, as you know, and it was very easy to follow!! Thanks so much :) I encourage everyone to try it, even if like me you don't think you can freehand. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for comments! I'm really glad you gave it a shot, it turned out wonderfully!! And you can totally freehand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's certainly given me some confidence!! Don't think my left hand will ever be able to do this though.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS