Monday 17 June 2013

Through the Grapevine

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies! Today I have an afternoon post for you-- be amazed!-- of something of an abstracted nature mani.


"But Jolène," you are no doubt saying, "what the bejesus happened to your nails?!"

If you don't follow me on Instagram, then you haven't heretofore known that I broke my right index nail yesterday evening, in a traumatic incident that would make for the world's most boring Lifetime TV movie. And so now I've been nubbinized. I have acute nubbinitis. You get the idea.

Still, I will soldier on! In the name of bringing you ze nail arts!


This sort of patterned/abstracted grapevine mani is done on a base of Chilled Down, which features gorgeous blue and copper/gold flakes in a very pale greige base and I love it. It applied like a boss; I love the Dandy Nails formula and brush.

The vines were made with Blue Gums on Boxing Day, Xixabangma, 915, and Moe Money. The grapes were done with tiny dots of Lady of the Lake, Pic du Gar, and 1972.

Here are comparison shots of this mani in lightbox lighting and then in indirect sunlight:


Sorry for blurry; should have used a tripod. :S

Polishes used:
OPI - Charmed by a Snake
Elevation Polish - Xixabangma, Pic du Gar
Tough as Nails Lacquer - Moe Money (does not seem to be in production anymore)
la couleur couture - 1972, 2013 (top coat)

I don't know what next to paint on my nubs! I'm so used to being spoiled for canvas size... And look at that corner break! HIDEOUS. Don't look at me, I'm a monster!!!

xo,

J.

4 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS