Tuesday 18 June 2013

Rhinestone Skittlette!

Nothing to Disclose

Tonight I have something blingy for you!


I recently read Marta's wonderful tutorial on skittlette manicures and thought, you know what, I want to give that a try! And then I promptly overdid it.


For this look, I started with a base of My Vampire is Buff, followed with dots in Tempest and a pinkie in Once In a Lullaby (four coats! It's not a very dense glitter, but it IS lovely). I found the rhinestones at Born Pretty and affixed them on a thick coat of Gelous, topped with top coat.


I realize that the pinkie is supposed to be the blingiest and the middle two fingers are supposed to be the intermediates, and I appear to have inverted that order, and it's a whole hunk of hot mess as a result, but I like it anyway. And you know why? RAINBOWS, THAT'S WHY.

Polishes used:
OPI - My Vampire is Buff
Gelous
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)

'Traditional' nail art is sort of boring to me, but I do like skittlettes because they offer a lot to look at and you can use a number of beautiful polishes without cluttering them up too much. I may start introducing this look into my repertoire a bit more, perhaps in lieu of my Swatch Saturdays (Skittlette Saturdays!) -- any thoughts on that?

xo,

J.

5 comments:

  1. I love skittles because I often have too many ideas to do one design on all nails :D I love the idea that each nail adds to the mani as a whole. I say go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome possum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok.
    1 - i don't think you overdid it, because rainbows.
    2 - new blog design? LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you!! I agree, rainbows. And I'm so glad you like the blog design! I wonder f the fonts are showing up properly for you -- they show up fine on my laptop but wonky on my iPad (should all be the font I have in my watermarks). Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The font in your watermark matches the font on the title of the post, but the actual posts font where you write all the ooh la la is like, regular.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS