Thursday 6 June 2013

Purple Flowers

After completing a pictorial for the gradated dotted ikat look, I decided I wanted something quick and easy to do as nail art.



These are the famous Mr. Candiipants flowers; she has a tutorial on YouTube (start from 1:00 if you want to skip her characteristic intro-ramble) for anybody wanting to know how to do them. They're easy as heck and I love the visual punch they have! I made mine bigger than hers just because I was feeling something in-your-face, but you can make the petals larger or smaller by adjusting how little polish you leave on the brush. I used a dotting tool for the middles, but you can use the nail polish brush if you wipe pretty much all the polish off and are very careful.


I used three shades of more-or-less neon purple (which of course aren't showing up properly), plus a neon green for the little leaves.


Polishes used:
Zoya - Charisma
Models Own - Pukka Purple
Elevation Polish - Pic du Gar (deep almost neon purple jelly -- may be my favourite new purple)
Nina Ultra Pro - Lime Light
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
small dotting tool

Another easy look (plus tutorial) will be up tomorrow, and then I'm off to Victoria for the weekend to be pampered at the Magnolia, have high tea at the Fairmont Empress and, of course, nosh at Re-Bar! So excite!

xo,

J.

11 comments:

  1. Gah! I love the colors you did for these. But I have to say - you CANNOT skip the intro ramble of Mr Candiipants! It is awesome and it makes me smile everytime I watch one of her videos. She is a whacko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! She is a nut job, I love it. I like rambly intros but I know they make some people twitchy. I just love any way that people's personalities can come through -- the more the better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some people who will grate on my nerves for doing stuff like that, and at first I was like man this girl is annoying. But she grows on you bad, like poison ivy. Only you like it. I think she is just crazy funny. AND she once posted a link to a video that to this day is about the best video I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, now I need to see that video! :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah you asked for it! I hope your disqus allows links:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What... did I just watch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahahahahaha. thats exactly the response i had the first time i watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've done these like Mr Candipant, but I must say I really like them bigger. They scream, "Notice me, I'm awesome!."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, darling!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS