Tuesday 4 June 2013

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

... I used to say, back when I could also skip in double ropes. (I can barely single skip with a single rope now. Oh, the halcyon days of youthful coordination.)


No tutorial for these, because the only real process was "screw around with acrylic paints in the general shape of ice cream". From left to right, we have mint chocolate chip, a banana split, some kind of berry sunday, and a peanut chocolate parfait that looks poop-ish because using dark brown tricks my camera into thinking things are solid black!


But the BASE of this manicure, which you can regrettably see little of, is another of the custom Tryst Lacquers I ordered -- Confection (aptly). It's a very pale nude/peach with super-pale green satin hex, purple micro holo, and tiny iridescent glitter. It's lovely and I'm sure you'll be seeing it again. It also applied like a dream in 3 thin coats.


The cups are made with polish, in a page I've taken from @glitterfingers' cupcake manis. From left to right: Jinx, Lil Miss Sunshine, Mermaid's Dream, another (!) custom Tryst Lacquer which is called Calypso and which you'll see more of soon.

Polishes used:
Tryst Lacquers - Confection (custom), Calypso (custom)
OPI - Jinx
Deborah Lippmann - Mermaid's Dream
acrylic paint
detail brush
fine-nibbed pen with watered-down acrylic paint for the outlines

I think I'll be doing a watermarble next, because I bought a GOSH polish today that is SUPERB -- if only my photos will end up doing it justice!

xo,

J.

3 comments:

  1. This is crazy cool, you put in so much detail. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only thing i move fast for is ice cream, challenge accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan! Ice cream in the winter, aw yeah! (Unless it isn't winter where you are, in which case: ice cream in the non-winter, aw yeah!)


    And thank you so much for the kind words, they mean a lot to me. xo

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS