Monday 10 June 2013

Ghost Orchids

Good evening!

I have another of my Tryst Lacquers custom polishes for you today! This one is called Calypso, after a very rare form of orchid. Fittingly, I decided on painting some orchids!


I didn't want to hide the beautiful base polish too much, so I opted for some small ghostly watercolour orchids, done with a small brush and very watered-down white acrylic paint.


They ended up looking mostly like Lady Slipper orchids, but oh well! :)


This is a photo of my unadorned Cinderella hand, because I wanted to show you the beauty of this polish. (This photo is overexposed but is the most colour-accurate by far.) It glimmers like no tomorrow. It has a raspberry jelly base with silver shimmer, white flake shimmer, teeny white satin squares, and golden yellow hexes. It's gorgeous.

Polishes used:
Tryst Lacquers - Calypso (custom polish)
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
white acrylic paint
detail brush

I broke my Cinderella thumbnail at bootcamp last Friday, and am thinking I'm going to need to file them all down to a degree, sooner rather than later. BUT I DUN WANNAAAA. D:


xo,

J.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous orchids! Of course, the base is stunning as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Anastasia! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, darling! I love what Kimberly does, I'm probably her #1 most annoying fan at this point... :P

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS