Monday 25 March 2013

Sunbeams!

Hello! Today we have sun (though it is still cold), and to celebrate the sun after about a week of snowy dreariness, I did up a cloud mani in which the tips are actually clouds:



This manicure refused to photograph properly in the lightbox, so I don't have my usual picspam for you. (Whether this is a good or bad thing is up to you!) To do this, I began with a base of Grey-t to Be Here. Once dry, I used my striping tape to mark off the lines you see, and painted in the beams with a variety of jellies. Once all the tape was removed, I painted the sun (it's actually 4 separate colours, of which you can see all of 2 in the pictures, weep) and then cloud tips, followed lastly by the little birds.



I despise flash photos, makes my fingers look all shiny, but this way you can see the shimmer in the base colour peeking through the jellies. This was more noticeable in person and very pretty!



Lastly, a close-up of Grey-t to Be Here, so you can see the flake shimmer more clearly. It's predominantly pink, but technically duochrome, going golden at acute angles. Because the shimmer is small-particle, however, that shift is pretty well imperceptible on the nail.



Polishes used:
Essence - Grey-t to Be Here, Fortune Cookie
Nfu Oh - JS20
Zoya - Katherine
OPI - Houston We Have a Purple, Y'All Come Back Ya Hear?, Funny Bunny
American Apparel - Sunshine State
Revlon Top Speed - Electric
Quo by Orly - Lemon Drop
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Lavender Cloud
Contrary Polish - Hallelujah (limited edition mini; sent out with the full set of Love Lyrics minis)
GOSH - Nero

Back to the polish with me!


J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS